Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sorry, Dremel!

Sorry, Dremel!  I didn't need you.  I didn't need to go to the hardware store either.

I was really anxious to get the standoffs working in the Voltage Follower and S&H.  Unfortunately I don't have any sort of grinder, or even a metal file, here.  So, I figured I'd try sandpaper. Slower than a snail. Then, it occurred to me that I could get a grinder bit for my drill. But, did I really feel like going to the store?  It dawned on me that maybe I could do something in between...


I doubled over a piece of sandpaper, and then rolled it up. Opened the chuck all the way, stuck it in, and cranked down the chuck. Voila!  I ran it in reverse, so that the edge of the paper wouldn't catch.  It took one piece of sandpaper per standoff, and was rather awkward, but it worked, and cost me nothing.


Not the greatest photo, but hopefully you can see that the standoff is shaved down a fair amount.  And now, it fits!!

I just need to remember to fix the FPD files!!

No comments:

Post a Comment