Friday, December 23, 2011

Panels Arrive!

Well, my first three panels from Front Panel Express arrived!  Never ordered any panels from them before, so it was a bit of a new experience.  They look nice - I did them without infill, and like the result.


As you can see, I added a couple of holes for switches on the Sample & Hold, along with "INT" indicators for the internal noise signal.  Thankfully, the holes for the banana jacks are perfect!


Unfortunately, however, I didn't get the jacks far enough away from the holes for the standoffs - bummer!  You can see how close the nut is in the picture of the back of the Voltage Follower. Same problem on the Sample & Hold. So, I will definitely have to move the standoff holes for future panels!  (The VC Trigger Generator seems fine, though!)  Maybe someone will get me a dremel tool for Xmas, so I can grind down the nut and/or standoff a bit.

At least there's a bit of good news, and that is that everything fits fine around the new switches on the S&H!  The jacks look a bit close to the text, but with the little bit of play, I can space them out appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment