Friday, April 13, 2012

Sequencer complete!

The sequencer is now ready!!  It is quite a dense and heavy beast...


Oops, there's a few bits of wire insulation that got stuck to the knobs. ;-)




As I mentioned, I didn't solder in the UJT initially, but just set it in there, in case there was any issue with it at high frequencies.  Tested it, and it worked fine on the first try!  (Well, I had two switches upside down, but it only took a couple minutes to fix those.)  So, I soldered in the UJT from the top, and just left the legs hanging down... no big deal.

I've mostly just played around with the clocking mechanism, but everything seems to work fine elsewhere too and it is really interesting.  The RYM (3rd row control of timing) is fun, as are the different modes. 

Now, if only the screws to mount these modules to the rails would finally arrive here(?!?!), I could get everything working together!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Congratulations. Sequencers are my favorite and the one I was most anxious to bring back to life!

    David

    ReplyDelete